AFEPA in collaboration with the Erasmus and the Programme for the European Union is inviting applications for the Agricultural Food and Environmental Policy Analysis Master’s Programme in 2021.
The European Master’s Programme in Agricultural, Food and Environmental Policy Analysis (AFEPA) responds to the increasing need to better understand the socio-economic and environmental effects of agricultural, food and environmental policies. It provides you with a high-quality education in their design and assessment. The Programme is policy-oriented and focuses on economic analysis which prepares you for a professional, international and world-changing career.
AFEPA in a nutshell
- Double degree from two renowned European Universities
- Two-year programme
- Specializations in agri-food and trade policy, environmental and natural resource policy, agribusiness and market analysis, market and consumer research, or development policy
- Yearly Summer School including field trips and social events
- International experience in a world-wide network and great career opportunities
The AFEPA experience gives you:
- A diverse and high-quality Master’s education with great career opportunities
- An international experience in a world-wide network and good preparation for a global job market
- A double Master’s degree from two renowned European universities
Worth of Award
- The scholarship covers your participation costs (including the tuition fees, library and laboratory costs, full insurance coverage and any other mandatory costs related to your participation in the Master); it represents a contribution to your travel and installation costs and includes a monthly subsistence allowance for the entire duration of the study programme.
- The exact amount of the contribution to travel costs depends on the geographic origin of a partner country scholarship recipient and varies from 2000€ per year for a scholarship holder, resident in a partner country less than 4000 km from the University of Bonn to 3000€ per year for a scholarship holder, resident in a partner country more than 4000 km from the University of Bonn.
- ***Contribution to subsistence costs will not be given to the scholarship holders for the EMJMD periods (study/research/placement/thesis preparation) spent in their country of residence, nor to scholarship holders from a Partner Country for the EMJMD periods exceeding one trimester (i.e. 3 months or the equivalent of 15 ECTS credits) spent in any Partner Country.
To be considered eligible, candidates need to have;
- A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent academic degree of a minimum of three years of undergraduate study corresponding to 180 ECTS credits with a grade of at least an overall average “B” or equivalent grade. Students in their final year of their Bachelor’s degree may be provisionally admitted in the AFEPA Master’s Programme on the condition that their Bachelor’s degree is awarded prior to enrollment in the Programme.
- A minimum of 24 ECTS credits in economics – including microeconomics, management, mathematics, and statistics. An additional introduction to agricultural, environmental or food sciences is recommended.
- Letter of Motivation (no more than 300 words)
- Reference Letters:
Applicants will be asked to provide two referees in their application form and those two references will then be contacted in order to upload a reference letter for an applicant directly onto the platform. Applicants must, therefore, make their potential referees aware of the fact that they will be contacted directly by the AFEPA application platform.
- English proficiency test results (not older than two years)
How to Apply
In order to apply to the AFEPA programme you are asked to upload to the application platform the following documents:
- Certified copy of identification
- Certified copy of academic transcripts and diploma
- Certified copy of school-leaving certificate
- Certified copy of other relevant documents
- Certified copy of language certificate
- Motivation letter (no more than 300 words)
- 2 Reference letters (Please list the two persons you have asked to write a letter of recommendation for you in the online application platform. Preferably, one letter of recommendation should be academic. An automatic email will be sent to the referees you have chosen, asking them to submit their letters directly to us. You will be able to see whether they have submitted their letters, by verifying the checklist of your application form.)
Deadline: Application closes on January 31, 2021.