The 2014 Graça Machel Scholarships for Southern African women is now open for applications. The scholarships are offered in partnership with the Canon Collins educational and legal assistance trust and are targeted at women from the SADC countries. This scholarship is awarded annually.
To apply for a scholarship under this programme applicants must be:
- A national of and normally resident in one of the SADC countries: Angola, Botswana, DRC, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- In possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- Studying or applying to study at a South African university
Worth of Award: Full tuition, stipend, mentoring and other support for Honours, masters and PhD study at South African universities.
How to Apply
- The application process opened on June 17, 2013 for study commencing in 2014.
- Applications can be submitted through the online application form
- Applicants must apply to their chosen universities separately and awards are conditional on the applicant being offered a place at the relevant university.
- When the application process is closed the application system will not be accessible via the website.
- Please do not submit applications using old forms–these will not be processed.
Deadline: Application closes on August 4, 2013.