Set-Up Energy Transition in Germany is inviting applications for the Set Award for Top Innovators in the Energy Transition around the world to present their business ideas in 2020.
Start-Up Energy Transition (SET) is a leading international platform supporting innovation in the energy transition. SET is implemented with the conviction that sustainable energy solutions and mitigating climate change are directly linked to a bridge between inventive business models and political will.
Powered by the German Energy Agency (Dena) in cooperation with the World Energy Council (WEC), their initiative connects start-ups, international venture capitalists & investors, and partners in the public sector. As a global platform, they link like-minded people from various fields to promote innovation and make the global energy transition a success.
Worth of Award
- For all Participants: join the global platform of innovation leaders; see your views represented in the Energy Innovators Issues Monitor; Inform and influence policies that will boost innovation.
- For the #SET100 2020: the Top 100-ranked applicants will be featured in our annual publication which is circulated to investors, corporates and political stakeholders across the globe. The Top 100 also receive a free ticket to the SET Tech Festival 2020.
- For all Finalists: return-flight to Berlin, and accommodation for 2 representatives of the start-up to attend the Tech Festival; Pitch coaching; Meet-and-greet with high-level jury, Individual booth at Tech Festival; Live pitches at Tech Festival; Investor-matchmaking; Tickets to the Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue (BETD); Content creation: interviews and branding in all communication material.
- Winners of each category: up to 10.000 Euros prize money; Participation on the winners’ panel at the Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue (BETD); Profile of start-up celebrated across the World Energy Council’ s global energy network in 99 countries. In addition, start-ups will have the opportunity to attend the World Energy Leaders’ Summits.
The following are the eligibility criteria;
- They are looking for the best business ideas for climate protection and energy transition worldwide.
- All participants can benefit from their large and inspiring SET network.
- Every start-up dedicated to promoting clean energy is most welcome to join their initiative.
How to Apply
- Applicants may only apply to one category. All subsequent applications to other categories will be disqualified. This also applies to the Special Prize: Quality Access & SDG-7.
- The start-up must not have been founded longer than ten years ago. In other words, the date of the foundation cannot exceed 2009.
- The application, including any attached documents, must be in English.
- The start-up must be able to present a functioning prototype. In addition, the applicant must be able to present a legal framework, proof of concept or a client, and/or an industrial/corporate/institutional partner.
- The applicant must fill out the entire form. Partially completed applications will not be accepted.
Deadline: Applications closes January 15, 2020.