The International Research & Exchanges Board (IREX) in the USA is inviting applications for the Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Programme, General Pedagogy track in 2020.
The Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program (Fulbright TEA) brings international teachers to the United States for a six-week program that offers academic seminars for professional development at a host university. Participants observe classrooms and share their expertise with teachers and students at the host university and at local secondary schools.
Depending on the country of origin, international teachers have the opportunity to apply to either the Fulbright TEA General Pedagogy track or the Media Literacy track. The Fulbright TEA Program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, with funding provided by the U.S. Government and administered by IREX.
Worth of Award
The Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement (Fulbright TEA) Program, General Pedagogy track, will provide;
- Approximately 170 fellowships to international secondary school teachers from around the world to participate in a six-week non-degree, non-credit academic Programme at a U.S. university.
- The international participants will travel to the United States for one of two six-week professional development programs in either the spring of 2020 or fall of 2020.
Eligible countries and territories: Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burma, Cambodia, Cameroon, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cote d’Ivoire, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lithuania, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Moldova, Mongolia, Mozambique, Nepal, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Panama, Peru, Russia, Rwanda, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey (only teachers in the regions of Denizli, Eskisehir, Mersin, Rize are eligible), Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, West Bank/Gaza, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- English or English as a Foreign Language
- Social Studies (civics, history, geography, global studies, etc.)
- Special Education in the disciplines listed above
How to Apply
To apply, visit the website and fill in the online application form.
Deadline: Applications are ongoing.