Institut Fur Auslandsbeziehunge in Germany is inviting applications for the CrossCulture Fellowship Programme for International Candidates in 2020.
The CrossCulture Programme (CCP) enables professionals and committed volunteers to think outside of the cultural box! Each year around 80 fellowship recipients from host organizations in Germany or in one of the over 35 partner countries gain experience in intercultural networks.
Through occupational stays abroad, the Programme enables and promotes actors from the cultural, educational, scientific, artistic and medial sectors to work together. The goal of the CrossCulture Programme is to strengthen lasting civil society networks between Germany and countries across the globe. The Programme was launched in 2005 and now counts over 750 alumni to its ever-growing network.
Professional fellowships are awarded for a period of eight to twelve weeks in the following terms:
Summer term: May to August 2020
Autumn term: September to December 2020
Professional fellowships are being offered in the following fields:
- politics & society
- human rights & peacebuilding
- sustainable development
- media & culture
- civic & citizenship education
- digital civil society
Worth of Award
IFA covers the following costs for fellowship recipients from abroad:
- A monthly allowance of 550 euro
- Roundtrip airfare
- A monthly ticket for public transport within the place of residence
- A refund of applicable visa fees
- Health insurance.
The following are the eligibility criteria;
- The applicant must be between the ages of 23 and 45 at the time of the application.
- Good written and spoken English skills.
- At least two years of proven professional experience or volunteer work in a civil society organization in the country of origin.
- The applicant is in good health for a longer stay abroad.
- The applicant has been and is socially engaged for the long-term.
- The applicant can prove full-time experience in his or her field of work.
- A collaboration with an organization in the target country is in progress or planned.
- The applicant possesses other language skills, particularly, German language skills.
How to Apply
Applications are done online via their website. See link below. To apply;
- Open the application portal and select the fellowship of your choice.
- Complete the application form and upload your documents. Since the application system cannot cache any input, all documents should be ready for the upload at the start of the application.
- Submit the completed application online via the application portal.
- Incomplete applications, applications sent by email and applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Application documents are required;
- Curriculum vitae in English with details about education/training, work experience, volunteering, and other skills.
- Letter of motivation using the Template.
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s home organization/workplace in the applicant’s country of origin, for example from a supervisor, using the Template.
- The photo is optional.
Deadline: Application closes November 15, 2019. The selection of suitable candidates will be accomplished by ifa in consultation with the German Foreign Missions. Selected candidates will be invited for a personal interview at the German Foreign Mission or via Skype in December 2019/January 2020. The final selection of CrossCulture fellowship holders will be accomplished in cooperation with the German Federal Foreign Office. The results will be communicated until February 2020.