The Power Africa U.S. Government initiative is inviting applications for the Power Africa Leadership Training for Young Women in the Energy Sector in Senegal in 2020.
Are you a young woman working or involved in the African energy ecosystem? Do you want to improve your career and take off? Are you ready to develop your leadership skills, strengthen your professional networks, capture new opportunities and demonstrate your desire to take on a greater role as a leader in this field?
Then apply to the Power Africa Programme of the Regional Leadership Center YALI Dakar to receive vocational training targeting young women leaders in the energy sector. Power Africa is a US Government initiative led by USAID that aims to double access to electricity in sub-Saharan Africa by 2030. This year, Power Africa joins the Regional YALI Leadership Center Dakar in the framework of the professional training program for a new generation of women leaders in the energy sector.
Worth of Award
- There is no fee for submitting your application;
- There is no registration fee for training once you are selected;
- If you are selected, the YALI DAKAR Regional Leadership Center will take care of your plane ticket, accommodation, and catering.
Candidates must respond to the following criteria;
- Be a woman aged 18 to 35 on the dates scheduled for the session;
- To be able to express themselves in French;
- Have experience in the energy sector;
- Work in the energy sector in Africa or carry a project in the field;
- Demonstrate a commitment to making a positive impact on their community, their country, and the African continent;
- Have the capacity to fully and seriously commit to a residential training program in Dakar (Senegal) for four (4) weeks;
How to Apply
- Go to www.yaliafriquedelouest.org and click on the button Postuler pour Power Africa
- Then create an account or sign in if you have already created an account for the Power Africa program.
- If you have any questions or are having trouble submitting your application, please contact us at [email protected];
Deadline: Application closes on October 21, 2019, at 13:00 GMT.