Duke University in the USA invites applications for the University Scholars Programme for undergraduate studies in 2020.
The scholarship is a four-year undergraduate program. All University Scholars are required to maintain a normal course load each semester (four-semester courses). Continuation in the Program depends on the maintenance of good academic performance, as defined by the guidelines for all undergraduate scholarship holders at Duke.
Worth of Award
- Each undergraduate is awarded a University Scholarship providing full-tuition for four years.
- Additionally, the full costs of room, board, and mandatory fees are also covered for all four years of the undergraduate degree.
- Summer sessions at Duke are not covered by the scholarship, but eligible students may apply for additional support through the Office of Financial Aid. Additionally, Duke University will meet 100% of the demonstrated need of all admitted University Scholars who are U.S. citizens or non-citizens eligible for student aid. University Scholars can expect that any additional demonstrated financial need beyond the costs covered by the scholarship will be covered by grants, not loans. For example, Financial Aid will also provide grants to cover the cost of health insurance for those students who cannot afford it on their own or round-trip travel to and from Duke and home.
- It is a policy of long standing that the Admissions Office considers all applicants for admission for every appropriate scholarship.
- Please note that the scholarship is intended for incoming freshmen only. Transfer students or students already enrolled at Duke are not eligible.
How to Apply
- It is not possible or necessary to apply directly to the University Scholars Programme. There are no supplemental forms or materials to submit.
- All that is needed is to apply for admission to Duke University in the normal manner.
Deadline: Applications close November 1, 2019.