The College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences Research Awards in UK for PhD scholarships at the University of Edinburgh UK opens for applications for programmes in the School of Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences (PPLS) starting in September 2020.
The scholarships are available to postgraduate students intending to study for a research degree within PPLS on either a full or part-time basis. The awards are offered on a highly competitive basis and are subject to annual renewal.
Worth of Award
- These scholarships are funded by the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences and the School of PPLS.
- The award provides full-time tuition fees (UK/EU or overseas level) with an annual stipend of £14,553 for three years (pro-rata for part-time students)
- Successful applicants for the Social Sciences Research Awards UK will have a very good undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline and ideally will have, or will be studying for, a postgraduate masters degree (or equivalent).
- Existing PhD students (i.e. those in their 1st or 2nd year of doctoral study) are not eligible for this award.
How to Apply
- Read further information specific to subject areas.
- PhD Philosophy
- PhD Psychology
- PhD Linguistics & English Language
- Complete the application for the relevant PhD programme.
- Apply to the relevant PhD programme by the deadline. All complete PhD applications received by these deadlines will be considered for the scholarships. There is no additional application form, you will be automatically considered.
Deadline: Social Sciences Research Awards UK applications Close November 25, 2019.