DCMS in UK accepts applications from healthtech startups in India, Kenya, South Africa and Nigeria to participate in an exciting network-wide programme ‘TeXchange 2020: Healthcare Innovation’, which will bring tech leaders together to exchange ideas, share learnings, and gain exposure to the UK market.
Since 2013, TeXchange, the flagship programme of the UK-Israel Tech Hub, has exposed British businesses to some of the world’s brightest innovators whilst opening the UK market to forward-thinking startups. Hundreds of UK companies and over 70 Israeli startups have participated in previous TeXchange activities, resulting in more than 20 signed UK-Israel business partnerships, with many more under negotiations.
TeXchange is an immersive three-day programme that offers participants direct access to the UK’s top healthcare corporate and government agencies through public events, meet-ups and presentations. Key stakeholders involved include healthcare startups, British healthcare companies, and leading UK service providers and intermediaries.
The programme will focus on the following main areas: AI and big data in healthcare, early detection of diseases, population health, telemedicine, and diagnostics.
Worth of Award
TeXchange 2020 is open to applications from India, Nigeria, South Africa, and Kenya. One startup from each of these countries will be selected to join the Israel delegation to the UK in the first week of February 2020.
- They are now accepting applications to ‘TeXchange 2020: Healthcare Innovation’ from startups based in India, Kenya, Nigeria, or South Africa who offer solutions in the following areas:- Clinical decision support tools
– Predictive analytics
– Early diagnosis of disease
– Home-testing and diagnostics
– Patient self-management of chronic diseases
– Big Data analytics, AI, ML around EMR data and PGHD
– Behavioural analytics and medical adherence/compliance
– Personalised medicine
– Telemedicine and/or health monitoring (wearables, sensors, connected devices, etc.)
– Data integration and interoperability
– Healthcare data security
– Customer/patient journey/experience
– Drug discovery
– Digital therapeutics
They are NOT accepting applications in the fields of drug therapies (i.e. molecules, biologicals) or invasive, non-digital medical devices
Your company must:
Offer a solution or service related to one of the fields listed above
- Have already secured funding (at seed level or above)
- Be interested in business expansion to the UK
- Be willing to participate in compulsory preparation sessions for the programme
How to Apply
- Create a 60-second video pitch explaining your product and value proposition (camera facing, not narrated)
- Upload your video pitch to YouTube
- Fill in the application form below and include the video link at the bottom of your application form
- **Please note that the video is to see how you present rather than to learn about the product, so no voice-over videos please**
- **Please note that the person who features in the video pitch must be the representative who will travel to the UK should your application be successful**
Deadline: Apply by October 11, 2019