The Chalmers University of Technology in Sweden is inviting applications for the Avancez Masters Scholarships for International Students in 2020.
The field/s of study to which the scholarships will be awarded is determined annually by the University President. For the academic year 2020/21, the field of study is unrestricted, but it will be distributed according to targeted areas of education determined by the university management, based on the total number of applicants per each area of education from the previous academic year.
The Chalmers University of Technology was founded in 1829 through the will of William Chalmers and is consistently ranked among the top 100 Engineering Universities in the world. Education at Chalmers is strongly linked to advanced research in areas of particular strength. Over a third of the students enrolled in its Master’s Programmes are international students.
Worth of Award
The Avancez Masters Scholarships covers;
- A 75% reduction of the tuition fees (4 semesters/2 year Programme)
- Students who excel during their first year of studies may receive an increased reduction, which covers 85% of the tuition fees during the second and final year of studies
- No funds are transferred to the scholarship laureates
To be considered eligible, applicants must be;
- A 1st year Master’s Programme applicants
- Citizens from non-EU/EEA countries who are required to pay tuition fees for Swedish university studies
Note: The selection is based on the applicants’ relative academic excellence, which primarily includes weighted average grade but also home university’s stature (including a position on global ranking lists) and priority order of the application for Chalmers Master’s Programmes.
How to Apply
The following are the application procedures;
- Fill in and submit the request to obtain a personal link to your scholarship application form. The form will be distributed from November and onwards. It will take a few working days to receive your personal link (by e-mail).
- Open the on-line request and submit it in order to obtain the personal link to your scholarship application form (the link will be published on November 2019, for the academic year 2020/2021)
- Soon after you have submitted the request, you will be sent a personal link to the scholarship application form.
- Please note that it may take a few days until you receive the link. If you have not received it, please check your junk mail.
Deadline: Application closes on January 15, 2020.