The GIZ-SAIS Investment Readiness Programme open in 2021 to provide tailor-made company development measures to enable entrepreneurs gain access to investment and business opportunities.
Have you successfully developed innovative digital solutions for the agricultural and food sector with a positive impact on income generation? Are you still looking for company development support to scale your business and increase your impact?
‘Scaling digital agriculture innovations through start-ups’ (SAIS) is a project implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). Their goal is to scale digital innovations developed by African start-ups that enable their users in the agricultural or food sector to increase their income.
Worth of Award
Selected start-ups will participate in a nine-month Investment Readiness Programme fully funded by GIZ-SAIS. The program includes:
- Weekly advisory and coaching sessions held virtually during which strategies and measures for rapid growth, product improvement, business and management operations, innovation and scaling are developed and implemented with the start-ups;
- Access to additional service providers to optimize certain segments of the start-up (e.g. legal, marketing, coding, etc.);
- Integration of the selected start-ups in one of our partner hubs in their home country in order to facilitate their visibility and contact with relevant actors in the local start-up scene;
Throughout the duration of the program, the SAIS team will facilitate contacts and interactions with potential investors and business partners.
You can apply if your business:
- is a start-up registered in Africa, a for-profit business with a team of at least two people,
- is offering scalable digital solutions with a clear positive impact on income in the agricultural and/or food sector (e.g. through savings, business opportunities, added value, etc.),
- and is in the post-seed stage (i.e. have launched a minimum viable product, have an existing customer base, have evidence of revenue).
Projects will be selected on the basis of an application that showcases:
- a convincing business model,
- a highly-motivated team that ideally reflects gender equality and diversity,
- and presents a digital product that is scalable, demonstrably functional, user-oriented, commercially viable and makes use of sustainable technical solutions while also, ideally, promoting gender equality in the agriculture and food sector.
How to Apply
- Please apply online by the deadline via the VC4A website and upload a short pitch video (max. 2 minutes) via an unlisted (i.e. hidden to the public) YouTube link.
- The video should clearly convey your vision, the problem you are addressing and how your product resolves it as well as the user experience.
- Please provide all requested information in order to ensure your inclusion in the selection process.
Deadline: Applications close August 31, 2021.