The International Labour Organization (ILO) invites applications for the ILO Global Media Competition on Labour Migration in Italy in 2022.
The competition aims to recognize fair and balanced reports that contribute to the elimination of xenophobia and discrimination against migrant workers. It will be judged by a panel of international migration and journalism experts. The winning entries will be selected according to a range of criteria including creativity, accuracy, balance and the positive portrayal of labour migration, including the multidimensional aspects of migrant workers’ lives.
Worth of Award
Three professional prizes and one student prize will be awarded.
Winners can choose between
- a cash prize of US$1,200 in the professional category and
- US$500 in the student category, or
- a paid fellowship to participate in an online ITC-Turin fair recruitment, or
- labour migration course in 2023.
- It is open to professional and student journalists.
Journalists are invited to submit articles showing exemplary media coverage of labour migration and fair recruitment.
How to Apply
- Complete the online entry form and submit your piece in the following formats: written press, photo essay, multimedia, podcast, video or radio.
- A submission in any language is welcome.
- However, an English, French or Spanish translation must be included. Students are allowed to submit a published or unpublished media piece.
Deadline: Applications for the Global Media Competition close October 31, 2022 (23:59, Central European Time).