The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers scholarships for the Integrated Urbanism and Sustainable Design Masters programme at the University of Stuttgart in Germany 2022.
The Integrated Urbanism and Sustainable Design is a Masters’ program hosted at the University of Stuttgart and Ain Shams University in Cairo. It trains and prepares a new generation of urban practitioners to face the tremendous environmental, cultural, socio-economic and governance challenges resulting from the dynamic urban transformation around the globe.
It is open to graduates and young professionals from the fields of architecture, urban planning, landscape architecture and regional planning as well as to graduates with other Bachelor degrees and with relevant professional experience.
Teaching at both universities is based on interdisciplinary teamwork and on site-specific projects in cooperation with local communities and with different stakeholders, organizations and institutions, locally and internationally. IUSD students acquire reflective and practical skills to develop integrated and transdisciplinary solutions for planning, managing and designing landscapes, cities and buildings.
Worth of Award
- Depending on an academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Applying for the EPOS scholarship requires at least two years of program-related professional working experience.
- Applicants from all over the world with an internationally recognized Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in architecture, urban planning, landscape architecture, regional planning or civil engineering.
- Professionals with Bachelor degrees in geography, sociology, environmental management, political science or economics and cultural studies, Arabic, African or Islamic studies with relevant professional experience will also be considered but should also provide proof of relevant professional experience in fields related to architecture, urban and development planning or infrastructure design.
- The Masters programs strongly encourages applications from young professionals working in public institutions, private sector, civil society initiatives or NGOs all over the world who are interested in IUSD-related topics and who have a high level of interest in knowledge transfer and achieving a social benefit.
- The Admission Commission will give applicants with work expertise or equivalent internship experience preferential treatment. They would welcome applicants from many different backgrounds and countries.
- The programs aim at bringing together young professionals with experience and maturity, who are willing to tackle new challenges, be integrative and open-minded in their approach to problem-solving.
- Prospective students need to be able to recognize and embrace the vast scope of subject matters covered by the program, from the scale of ecosystems to constructional architectural detail, and consider this a special quality and an important asset to their professional and personal skills.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for the EPOS scholarship, you would have to submit your academic application and documents at BOTH universities through the online portals AND submit the EPOS application and documents until October 31st to the epos email address: info[at]iusd.uni-stuttgart.de, attaching the following separate documents:
– DAAD application form
– Curriculum Vitae (using the Europass Specimen Form for the CV)
– Two Recommendation letters at least (one academic and one professional)
- Academic Letter/-s of recommendation from your university: the letter must have a signature and official stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope).
Professional Letter/-s of recommendation from your employer: the letter must have a signature and official stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope). The letters should proof a work experience for the past two years.
- Certificate(s) of employment from the employer in the home country and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon returning home.
- Please note: Certificate(s) of employment have to contain the exact period of employment (by date/day) and the date of issuing.
Deadline: The completed application should reach the school not later than July 29, 2021.