The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is inviting applications for the DAAD International Postgraduate Studies in the Field of Music in 2022.
DAAD scholarships offer graduates the opportunity to continue their education in Germany with a postgraduate or continuing course of study. The scholarships also promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues.
The scholarships are awarded for the duration of the standard period of study for the chosen study Programme (up to a maximum of 24 months). To receive further funding after the first year of study for 2-year courses, proof of academic achievements thus far should indicate that the study Programme can be successfully completed within the standard period of study. Therefore, a reference for the main subject teacher will be required.
Worth of Award
The DAAD International Postgraduate Studies covers;
- Monthly payment of 850 euros
- Travel allowance
- One-off study allowance
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of the family
To be considered eligible;
- As a rule, applicants should have taken their final examinations no longer than six years before the application deadline.
- The respective college of music is responsible for deciding age limits for admission, whereby differing rules may be applied depending on the applicant’s academic level and chosen subject.
- Applicants who have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline cannot be considered.
- If the scholarship holder is enrolled in a Master’s or postgraduate degree Programme which includes a study period abroad, funding for this period abroad is usually only possible under the following conditions:
- The study visit is essential for the achievement of the scholarship objective.
- The study period is no longer than a quarter of the scholarship period. Longer periods cannot be funded, even partially.
- The study period does not take place in the home country.
How to Apply
The following documents must be provided to apply;
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form
- Statement about academic and personal reasons for the planned study project in Germany (letter of motivation; 1 – 3 pages)
- If available: Letter of acceptance from the host university
- If you do not have a letter of acceptance at the time of application, you must apply to the university for this in good time and subsequently submit the confirmation letter before the scholarship-supported study Programme begins.
Deadline: The application closes on September 27, 2021.