Applications are invited from students seeking either Bachelor’s degrees or Master’s degrees at University of West Lotus for the 2014/2015 scholarships.The Scholarship is initially awarded for one academic year beginning in Fall Semester. Renewal of the Scholarship is possible, but not guaranteed, depending on the student’s performance and funding availability.
The maximum renewable term is three years for four-year undergraduate students, and one to two years for undergraduate transfer students and students entering UWest’s Master’s degree programs.
Worth of Awards
- Lotus Gold Scholarship – International ($10,000): For international students
- Lotus Gold Scholarship – Domestic ($10,000): For domestic students
- Lotus Silver Scholarship – Domestic ($5000): For domestic students
- Lotus Gold Scholarship – Fo Guang ($10,000): For Students recommended by the Fo Guang Shan or another organized religious order
- Lotus Silver Scholarship – Fo Guang ($5000): For Students recommended by the Fo Guang Shan or another organized religious order
- Disbursement of the Scholarship award will be made in two installments, the first in Fall Semester and the second in Spring Semester. The funds will be applied directly to the student’s account. The Bursar’s Office will issue a stipend check if a student has a credit balance in his or her student account after the add/drop date of each semester.
- The Scholarship is available to new students seeking either Bachelor’s degrees or Master’s degrees at UWest.
- PhD students, ESL students or students seeking certificates only are not eligible for this Scholarship.
- Previous recipients of the Scholarship, who meet the maintaining requirements are also eligible to reapply.
- Minimum GPA (see link below))
How to Apply
For new applicants, the Lotus Scholarship Application must be submitted together with the Application for Admission to the University by the deadlines indicated below. Lotus Scholarship Applications that do not include the Application for Admission will not be considered. The Lotus Scholarship Application must include the following documents:
- Completed and signed Application for Admission form, including requisite documents, essays, transcripts, letters of recommendation and other requested materials.
- Completed and signed UWest Financial Aid Application form;
- Completed and signed UWest International Supplemental Application for Financial Aid; (International applicants only)
- A copy of Official Transcript (in English) of the highest education;
- A copy of official TOEFL or IELTS score report. (First time international applicants only)
Deadlines: The next Lotus Scholarship deadline is April 1, 2015 for new students starting in the fall 2014 semester. All successful applicants shall be notified by 1st of May 2015. New students shall be notified of their application result by 1st June while returning students shall be notified by 30th June.
It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that all application materials and supporting documents are submitted on time.
Click here for details and to apply online