Canon Collins Trust is inviting applications for a scholarship for Postgraduate at universities in South Africa for the 2022/2023 academic session.
Canon Collins Trust believes that higher education is empowering for individuals and transformative for society. Southern Africa’s development depends on strong leadership in key fields, which is why they have supported over 3,000 individuals through their studies since 1981. Research and knowledge are crucial tools for addressing some of the most pressing issues in contemporary southern African society, therefore they focus their scholarship provision on enabling access to postgraduate and doctoral studies
Canon Collins Trust in partnership with Ros Moger and Terry Furlong group RMTF seek to support exceptional individuals who are committed to social justice in southern Africa and for whom a postgraduate qualification is an essential tool in working to create an open and just society.
Worth of Award
- In 2023, the value of the scholarship package will range from R20,000 to R100,000 depending on student circumstances.
- They support both full and part-time study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
- They also organise an annual conference for current scholars, and hold several smaller events throughout the year. Scholarship holders are expected to participate in these activities and to become part of and contribute to their network.
In addition, to be considered for a scholarship under this programme you must:
- be a national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- be normally resident in one of the above countries
- be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- be studying or applying to study at a South African university
How to Apply
Applicants can access the application forms and guidelines on the webpage. Applicants must apply to their chosen universities separately and awards are conditional on the applicant being offered a place at the relevant university.
Deadline: Deadline for applying is Monday, August 22, 2022.