The University of Alberta in Canada is inviting applications for its Global Citizenship Scholarship for IB Diploma International Students in 2020.
The University of Alberta offers many scholarship opportunities to undergraduate and graduate students with outstanding academic potential. They offer more than CAD$28 million in undergraduate scholarships and financial support each year, and it’s graduate funding rates rank among the highest in Canada. However, you will be considered automatically for several scholarships when you are admitted to UAlberta. You can find these listed under the General Undergraduate Scholarships section.
Worth of Award
- Tuition and $16,000 to a maximum of $40,000 per year for four years
- Awarded to student(s) on Study Permit(s) from Aga Khan Academies operating under the AKA agency of the Aga Khan Development Network, with superior academic achievement, entering the first year of an undergraduate degree at the University of Alberta.
To be eligible, you must;
- Be from an Aga Khan Academy operating under the AM agency of the Aga Khan Development Network, entering the first year of an undergraduate degree program at the University of Alberta in September 2020,
- Have an admission average of 80% or higher on coursework completed at the time of application.
- Applicants must have also demonstrated exceptional leadership contributions to school and community in grades 10,11 and 12.
- Selection is based on International Baccalaureate Diploma academic standing, demonstrated financial need, and demonstrated leadership.
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the application form and all necessary documents by the deadline.
- Please note students applying to begin their studies in September 2020 must be students at the AKA Mombasa campus or the AKA Hyderabad campus in order to be eligible for this scholarship.
Deadline: Application closes 11:59 pm MST December 11, 2019