The Wallace House University of Michigan in the USA is inviting applications for the Knight-Wallace Fellowship for Journalists in 2020.
A Knight-Wallace Fellowship recognizes accomplished journalists who are eager for growth and deeply committed to the future of journalism. They offer a unique opportunity: an academic year of study and collaborative learning at the University of Michigan to deepen knowledge, develop new ideas, learn new skills and address challenges facing the journalism industry.
Worth of Award
The Knight-Wallace Fellowship covers;
- $75,000 stipend – distributed monthly from August through April for living expenses.
- All tuition and course fees paid for by the fellowship.
- All fellowship trips – domestic and international.
- If the Fellow’s employer does not contribute to insurance coverage, health insurance is provided.
The following are the eligibility criteria:
- Qualified applicants must have a minimum of five years of experience and be currently working in some aspect of journalism for a news organization or as an independent journalist.
- They are looking for a diverse range of journalists including reporters, editors, data experts, visual journalists, audio producers, engagement specialists, designers, developers, entrepreneurs, and organizational change agents.
- If you are not a full-time journalist, the majority of your work should be in journalism.
- They do not consider full-time academics, public relations writers, internal trade writers, lobbyists, public advocates, or those seeking a degree.
How to Apply
To apply for the Knight-Wallace Fellowship;
- You will create a log in.
- You can save your information and return to the application at any time before your final submission.
- If you are unable to access the online application, please contact us.
- There are two parts to the application but you are required to complete only Phase One at this time.
- You need not do anything at this time. If selected as a semi-finalist, you will be notified and asked to complete Phase Two.
- At that point, letters of recommendation will be required and additional work samples may also be requested.
Deadline: Application closes December 1, 2019.