The Market Photo Workshop School in South Africa is inviting applications for the Daniele Tamagni Grant for African Photographers in 2020.
Enable young photographers to develop projects and a career which shares Daniele’s aims: to shine a light on social groups and individuals who contribute to social, cultural and political change through their creativity, the search of respect and freedom, the strong identity with their everyday context, often challenging an adverse environment.
As a school of photography, a gallery, and a project space, the Market Photo Workshop has played a pivotal role in the training of South Africa’s photographers, ensuring that visual literacy reaches neglected and marginalized parts of our society.
Worth of Award
The Scholarship includes:
- Advanced Programme in Photography yearly tuition at the Market Photo Workshop School in Johannesburg ZA (end of January – early December 2020).
- A/R in Economy class from the place of residence to Johannesburg ZA.
- Assistance in the visa application, when required.
- Health and Repatriation Medical Insurance for the length of the Scholarship.
- A monthly bursary of 9000 ZAR for accommodation, meals, transport and other out of pocket expenses.
- Curation of a new body of work developed during the Scholarship and to be presented for admission to the 2020 edition of the Festival Visa pour l’Image.
To be eligible for the Daniele Tamagni Grant:
- Participant students must be between the age of 18 and 30 as of June 30th, 2019 (proof of identity will be requested prior to the panel review).
- Each student can submit a portfolio of min 20 max 30 fully captioned images, max 2 projects with a synopsis or a description of the project(s).
- The official language of the initiative is English, eligible students need adequate proficiency to benefit from the lectures and the reviews.
- With the submission it is required to fill the application form of the Photo Market Workshop; they will welcome:
- A short bio and when possible a motivation statement for attending the course,
- Only when feasible, a brief presentation by his/her Teacher(s).
How to Apply
- Submissions must be completed by the deadline addressing them to the URL:
Deadline: Application closes on October 10, 2019.