Sainsbury Wellcome Center in the UK is inviting applications for the PhD Scholarship in Experimental Theoretical Systems Neuroscience for International Students in 2023.
The Programme is taught by SWC faculty together with colleagues at the Gatsby Computational Neuroscience Unit and other affiliated institutions, all experts in their respective fields. Gatsby and SWC students overlap extensively during the Programme, building the foundations for long-lasting collaborations and friendships.
Their students receive a comprehensive introduction to theoretical and systems neuroscience, as well as intensive training in experimental techniques, including imaging, physiology, molecular, and behavioural methods in systems neuroscience.
Worth of Award
- SWC students are fully funded and receive an annual stipend of £22,278,
- As well as funds to attend international courses or meetings.
- They also cover the cost of tuition fees for both home and international students.
They are looking for candidates with;
- A keen interest in neuroscience,
- Coupled with an undergraduate degree in a relevant field (for example Neuroscience, Life Sciences, Medicine, Psychology, Physics, Maths or Computer Science)
- A minimum of upper second-class UK Bachelor’s level or overseas equivalent.
How to Apply
To apply for the PhD Programme,
- Visit UCL’s applications page,
- select the Sainsbury Wellcome Centre as the department,
- Click the ‘Apply now’ button corresponding to the programme code RRDSWNSYSN19 and the upcoming academic year.
Please complete the online application form and upload:
- A current CV;
- Transcripts or qualification certificates and, if available, GRE scores;
- A 1,000-word essay focusing on what you see as a key, unanswered question in neuroscience.
- Please discuss why you are interested in this question, how you would approach its solution, and what impact finding a solution would have for our understanding of the brain.
- Please ensure your given referees are able to provide a reference by the deadline.
- They will use the email address given in your application for correspondence so make sure that you will still have access to it at the start of the next academic year.
Deadline: Application closes midnight (GMT) November 21 2022.