EurekAlert in the USA is inviting applications for the International Science Reporters Fellowships for professional science reporters in 2020
Established with a 2004 seed grant from the William T. Golden Endowment Fund for Program Innovation and sponsored by EurekAlert!, the AAAS-operated science-news service, the EurekAlert! Fellowships for International Science Reporters provide early-career science, technology, and health journalists opportunities to cover the latest research and network with peers from around the world at the AAAS Annual Meeting.
In the 16 years since the program’s inception, 78 Fellowships have been awarded. The fellows have come from Africa, Central, and South America, the Middle East, India, China, and the Balkan region.
Worth of Award
- Central and South America are invited to apply for travel and accommodation support to attend the 2020 Annual Meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) in Seattle, Wash.
- One winner from each region will be selected by an independent panel of judges.
To be considered eligible, you must;
- Have five (5) years or less of experience as a professional science reporter or freelancer
- Be based in China, India, the Balkan region, Central and South America, or Arab-majority states in the Middle East
- Meet EurekAlert!’s reporter and freelancer eligibility criteria
- Be able to travel to the 2020 AAAS Annual Meeting in Seattle, Washington, USA, February 13-16, 2020.
How to Apply
To apply for the International Science Reporters Fellowships, visit the website and fill in the online application form.
- Proof of employment and length of service with an accredited news media outlet
- Three recently published work samples
- Letter of recommendation from an editor or senior reporter (in English)
- A brief essay (in English)
Deadline: Application closes September 23, 2019.