The Institute for Technology and Resources Management in the Tropics and Subtropics (ITT) invites applications for DAAD Scholarships in her 2023 masters courses.
The ITT offers various master programs related to natural resources management with special reference to tropical and subtropical regions. Some of the master programs are offered together with partners abroad providing students with the chance to study in different settings, gaining insights into other cultural, environmental and social realities. The current partners are German Jordanian University and University-San Luis Potosi (Mexico):
Double-Degree Program with Mexico „Environment and Resources Management” with focus on Latin America and the Caribbean in San Luis Potosí and Cologne (ENREM),
IWRM MSc Joint Exchange Program with Jordan „Integrated Water Resources Management” with focus on the Middle East and Northern Africa in Cologne and Amman (IWRM-MENA)
Franchise Program in Vietnam with focus on South East Asia in Hanoi: Environment and Climate Change Adaptation
- with focus on Integrated Water Resources Management
- with focus on Natural Resources Management
All postgraduate programs of the ITT emphasize a holistic interdisciplinary approach covering environmental, ecological, agronomic and socio-economic aspects of the management of natural resources.
Worth of Award
DAAD Scholarships are fully funded.
- Candidates fulfil the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study programme in Germany (above-average result for first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
How to Apply
- You apply first via Uni Assist, After registration, you will be asked to send your application as a hard copy to Uni Assist.
- They will forward your application to TH Köln when everything is correct.
- In this case, TH Köln will inform you. You will receive login data for the university online portal and you will be able to check yourself the current status of your application.
Applicants from DAC-countries applying for a DAAD scholarship: You apply by sending your hard copy to the following address:
TH Köln (University of Applied Sciences)
Institute for Technology and Resources Management (ITT)
Ricarda Bruder Pedroso
Betzdorfer Straße 2
If you want to apply for IWRM Mena , you send your application as a one-PDF-file via Email to [email protected]
Next, to the general application documents, applicants are required to hand in the following additional documents:
- DAAD application form
- 2 letters of recommendation from your university; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date
- as far as possible: German language proof of beginners level (A1/A2)
- professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
- confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and, if possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home
Deadline: Applications close on September 30, 2022.