As part of its support to educational development and human capacity building, Mobil Producing Nigeria, operator of NNPC/MPN Joint Venture is inviting applications for its annual scholarships to qualified undergraduate students in Nigerian Universities.
Awards will be made based on merit irrespective of state of origin
- Petroleum Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Medicine (MBBSOnly)
- Agricultural Science (and related fields)
- Computer Science
- Candidates must be holders of the SSCE or its equivalent with at least six subjects at a sitting
- Applicants must be registered full-time undergraduate in their 1st or 2nd year of study in any Nigerian university
- Students who are currently on similar scholarship awards from other oil and gas companies should not apply
- Dependants of employees of Mobil Producing Nigeria, Mobil Oil Nigeria Plc and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Ltd are not eligible for this scholarship.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and interested, please visit their website. See link below.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to come with the original and a photocopy of the following documents for screening prior to taking the qualifying test:
- Evidence of SSCE result or its equivalent
- Evidence of admission into a Nigerian university
- Evidence of current year of study
- Current university identity card
- Two (2) passport photographs
- Evidence of state of origin obtained from the appropriate local Government Area and duly signed by chairman or secretary
Names of shortlisted candidates for the qualifying test will be published on the website and in national dailies. These candidates will also be contacted with details of the test via SMS and email.
Deadline: August 9, 2011.
For more information, and to apply, visit their website by clicking here.