Helicopter Foundation International (HFI) has announced the 2013 Bill Sanderson Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT) Scholarship Award Program. The program is aimed at promoting the choice of helicopter maintenance as a career.
- Applicants should be about to graduate from an FAA approved Part 147 AMT School, or a recent recipient (within the last two years) of an Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Certificate.
- All FAA written and practical exams must be successfully completed prior to attending the chosen school (not necessarily prior to applying for the scholarship).
- International applicants should have their respective country’s FAA equivalent tests completed.
How to Apply
- Each of the winners will have a choice of one of the following courses made available by the helicopter airframe and engine manufacturers.
- Applicants should list courses in order of preference, as courses will be awarded by preference, in order of award placement
- Fill out the 2013 Bill Sanderson Aviation Maintenance Technician Scholarship application form, ensuring that all portions are completed. There are two parts to the application. PART I is to be completed by the applicant. PART II is to be completed by the AMT Program Director, Administrator or Instructor. If additional space is needed for any part of the application, separate sheets may be attached. Ask your director for the opportunity to view “Careers in Helicopters Maintenance” DVD.
- The application forms and more information can be found on our website www.rotor.com. Applications must be typed or printed. Upon completion, applications may be faxed to (703) 683-4745, mailed to: 1920 Ballenger Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22314-2898, or emailed to [email protected]
Worth of Award
- First place winner will be awarded $1,600 from HFI to assist with expenses. Those finishing in second, third, fourth and fifth place will receive $1,150, $850, $750 and $650, respectively, for assistance with expenses. Sixth, seventh, and eighth place winners will be offered one of the remaining courses without monetary assistance.
- All winners receive a one-year membership to HAI and free admission to HELI-EXPO 2013, March 4-7, to be held in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Deadline: All applications must be received at HFI by December 31, 2013.
The winners will be announced prior to Helicopters Association International’s Technical Committee meeting held in conjunction with HELI-EXPO 2013. Winners are invited and encouraged to attend, at which time they will be introduced to the committee.
Click here for details and to apply