Climate Tracker is inviting applications from all over the world for the Reporting Fellowship for Young Journalists in 2020.
Climate Tracker specializes in connecting with great young journalists all over the world. In 2017, they ran 18 different media campaigns, that varied from global to national level topics. These amazing writers published over 2000 articles in national media across more than 100 countries.
All journalists involved are given full journalistic freedom, and as they encourage them to publish in national publications; their editors also play a role in quality control. Their role is to highlight innovative narratives, train journalists to utilize new storytelling techniques, and offer great incentives for those who make an impact in national media.
Worth of Award
The successful Participate in the competition will be considered for one of four fully-funded fellowships to the United Nations climate change negotiations in Santiago de Chile.
- The fellowships are available to young journalists aged from 18 – 32, from anywhere around the world!
- They are looking for young journalists from around the world who want to make a big impact in their countries by publishing about a fossil fuel project that needs to be stopped in their country.
How to Apply
To apply for the Climate Tracker Reporting Fellowship;
- Write an article about a fossil fuel project that needs to be stopped in your country.
- Publish your article. You have to find a news site, blog, newspaper, magazine, etc. willing to publish your article. It can be at a national, regional, local or international level. Aim for the one with the best reach across the region.
- Submit your article link to our platform.
- Publish a story, photo-series or video about stopping a fossil fuel project in your country.
- Submit your article link to this App by the deadline.
- The best 4 writers will get a chance to cover the international climate negotiations in Santiago de Chile.
Deadline: Application closes September 27, 2019.