The British Council and Ashoka invite applications for the Global Social Thinkers contest, as part of the Impact! Africa Summit Dec. 4 and 5 in Nairobi, Kenya.
A global social thinker is someone who desires a change in the world and, by gathering knowledge and resources, steers the change to fruition. Global social thinkers seek change that helps people overcome their societal hurdles and challenges. Global social thinkers are the force of social evolution; everyone can and everyone should.
Worth of Award
Winners will get:
- A two-day pass to the Impact!Africa summit.
- Return flight ticket.
- The Impact! Africa Social Entrepreneurship organizers would like to invite participants aged between 18 – 35 to share your story about how you have or are making a difference in Africa through change.
- Innovations should have been or are being implemented in Africa within the last two years.
- Entries are welcomed from participants aged between 18-35 from across the World.
How to Apply
- Submit your story in 250 words or less OR share a short video that showcases your journey transforming Africa.
- Only 20 applicants will be shortlisted.
- The shortlisted stories will then be posted online for members of the public to vote for 10 best stories.
Deadline: Submissions will be open from 22 August to October 1, 2019.