Limerick Institute of Technology in Ireland is inviting applications for the Masters in Climate Action Research Scholarship Programme for the 2019/2020 academic session.
Climate Adaptation is a response to the effects of climate change on our environment. There is a range of measures and activities occurring across Europe to address Climate Change and LIT is involved in two research Project (Carbon Connects and Triple-C – both funded under INTERREG programmes) in this field.
Specifically, this research will be related to the Triple C project which is conceived as a capitalization initiative focused on the analysis, evaluation, and exploitation of best EU projects on the prevention and management of risks deriving from climate change.
Worth of Award
Funded by the Graduate Research Office, the Research Scholarship Programme covers Fees for a period up to two years full-time and a stipend.
Interested candidate must meet the following eligibility criteria;
- Level 8 Honours Degree in an appropriate field of study is essential (Grade 1:1 degree preferable, applications considered with a Grade 2:2 or higher with relevant experience),
- Experience of advanced research and relevant work experience
- Commitment to a 24-month programme of study and research full-time
- Self-motivated with an ability to be self-directed in much of their own work
- Able to plan work over longer periods and have strong writing and analytical skills
- Interest in pursuing a career in academia and/or research
- Interest in pursuing postgraduate studies in areas related to climate change, climate adaptation and development of policies to protect communities and regions from the effects of climate change.
How to Apply
- Application forms to be emailed to the Graduate Studies and Research Office, LIT. Email: [email protected]
- For queries on the application process please contact: [email protected]
Deadline: Application closes Friday, September 27, 2019.