The French Center for Ethiopian Studies (CFEE) in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), offers partial funding for the realization of field missions and /or the study of collections in museums in 2020.
The French Center for Ethiopian Studies (CFEE) in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), French Research Institute Abroad (IFRE) of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MEAE) and the French National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS / INSHS) partial funds for fieldwork and / or study of the MA students and PhD candidate conducting research on Ethiopia and the Horn of Africa.
Worth of Award
- Any aid obtained from the CFEE will necessarily be the subject of a final activity report from the beneficiaries.
- The beneficiary will receive 75% of the amount of the allowance, in ETB or in euros, at the beginning of his mission.
- He will receive the balance of his allocation once the final activity report is submitted to the FEAC.
Master’s level students and PhD students can apply. No condition of nationality applies. Applications can be written in French or in English.
How to Apply
Applications (5 pages maximum ) must include the following:
- The title of the project;
- Full details of the applicant and a quick description of his / her status (student employee, fellow, recipient, no income …) and academic setting (depending on the case: institutional attachment, title of academic work in progress and names of guardians, discipline , year of registration);
- A presentation of the project including an argument on the research stakes, the methods of analysis, the expected results, and a schedule of realization;
- A brief curriculum vitae and, if applicable, a list of works and publications;
- A forecast and detailed budget (in Ethiopian birrs or euros) of the operation showing other funding and their intended use. For information, stock exchanges will not exceed 25,000 ETB. The following are not admissible: per-diems for scholarship recipients (according to French practices, project promoters do not get paid for the financing of their projects), stationery and equipment purchase costs;
- A reminder of the assistance received from the FEAC in the last five years;
- An attached letter from the thesis supervisor or thesis supporting the application;
- In the necessary cases, proof that the collections whose study is envisaged are actually accessible by the project leader.
Deadline: All applications must be sent to the FEAC by e-mail only ( [email protected] and [email protected] ) no later than October 18, 2019. An acknowledgement of receipt will be sent for each file. Requests will be processed and responses sent to all project promoters by e-mail by 29 November 2019. The ground will have to be realized in 2020.