Ithaca College in the USA invites applications for the Park Scholar Programme for undergraduate studies in media and communication technologies in 2021.
The Park Scholar Program is a dynamic learning community that develops future communications leaders who engage critically, act globally, and perform ethically. Each year, Ithaca College offers Park Scholar Scholarship Awards to students who are passionate about the field of communications, community service and who thrive on academic and personal challenge.
A $30 million gift — the largest to a single endowment fund Ithaca College has ever received — will facilitate access to the college’s Park Scholar Program, helping to ensure that high-achieving students from across the nation will continue dedicating themselves to making IC’s campus, the Ithaca community, and the world, a better place.
The Park Scholar Program offers much more than a full scholarship; it creates a dynamic learning community that develops future communications leaders who engage critically, act globally, and perform ethically. Through a mixture of academic and service programming, Scholars are challenged to take action and give back to their communities and to use the power of mass communication to make a positive impact on the world.
Thanks to the generosity of the Park Foundation, Ithaca College’s School of Communications has welcomed outstanding high school seniors as Park Scholars since 1997. Grants from the Park Foundation also provide funding for the Park Center for Independent Media, a distinguished visitor series, and capital equipment for the Park School.
Worth of Award
The Park Scholarship is a full-tuition scholarship that includes living expenses, and books and technology stipend. A limited number of these merit-based scholarships are awarded to outstanding high school seniors each year.
Upon entering the program, Park Scholars are expected to
- stay enrolled as a full-time student with a 3.500 cumulative grade point average (GPA) in one of the undergraduate degree programs at the Roy H. Park School of Communications;
- maintain strong engagement in significant and meaningful community service;
- participate in Park Scholar academic programming and enrichment activities;
- be a model citizen and maintain good judicial standing.
In addition, first-year Scholars are expected to live with and participate in the H.O.M.E. program, a residential learning community that explores multicultural issues.
- To be considered for the four year Park Scholar award, you must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen, and apply to Ithaca College for an undergraduate major within the Roy H. Park School of Communications.
- Transfer students are not eligible for the award.
How to Apply
Please review and complete all of the steps below to be considered for a Park Scholar award.
Submit the Common Application online for Ithaca College no later than the deadline January 2, 2020.
- Apply to Ithaca College
Complete the Park Scholar Award application by January 15, 2021, including:
- Personal History
- Two Essays
- (Please note: You will not be able to access the application until you have submitted your application for admission to Ithaca College.)
- Questions? Please email: [email protected]
Deadline: Submit applications not later than January 2, 2021