The Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) in the University of Ghana is inviting applications for the Foundation Edu Undergraduate Scholarship for the 2019/2020 academic session.
Fondazione Edu is a family foundation specializing in higher education in Africa. It was founded in 2005, to realize the desire of the founders to promote young people’s access to higher education in developing countries namely Africa.
Its focus is on the disciplines of technical-scientific and agronomic. They offer African students the opportunity to access higher education in their country of origin. They not only support individual growth paths but also the creation of professionalism that can, in the long run, contribute to sustainable socio-economic development. However, the activities of the Fondazione Edu are designed to foster capacity building in Africa and result in the provision of scholarships for university studies that cover the entire cost of training and the costs associated with it.
Worth of Award
The Foundation Edu Undergraduate Scholarship will cover tuition, books, as well as room and board, and will be awarded for four years as long as excellent academic standards of at least a B average of 3.00 CGPA continue to be met and need is demonstrated.
You are eligible to apply if you:
- Are a Level 100 student.
- Obtained an aggregate of 14 or better at the WASSCE.
- Also, are able to demonstrate limited family income and/or insufficient funds to cover most or all educational related expenses.
- Have the will to succeed (determination, perseverance, and success in other pursuits).
- Lastly, continuing science student with CGPA 3.75 and above (very limited slots)
How to Apply
Applicants are to submit a;
- High School Transcripts (Terminal Reports)
- West African Senior School Certificate Exam Results (WASSCE)
- University Acceptance Letter
- Records regarding achievement tests, academic awards, honors, and substantive assessments by teachers, including letters of recommendation.
- Confirm that you are not currently receiving support through any other scholarship program
Deadline: Application closes Thursday, October 17, 2019, at 2:00 pm