The Sèmè City Development Agency (ADSC), in partnership with the World Bank and the National Agency for the Promotion of Heritage and the Development of Tourism (ANPT), is inviting applications for the Challenge Fund2 for Entrepreneurs to Improve Tourism in Benin 2019.
The first edition of the Challenge Fund took place in 2017 and brought entrepreneurs together to reflect on and innovate in the tourism sector. Following a rigorous selection process, 4 projects were prized at the Innovation Made in Africa Forum (FORIMA). The entrepreneurs who received $ 150,000 are currently supported in the implementation of their prototypes by Incub’IMA, Sèmè City’s first incubator.
This year, 7 local communities in Benin will serve as prime prototyping locations for entrepreneurs to present their innovative ideas for the tourism experience of the future, while taking into consideration the challenges that these local communities face.
Worth of Award
Selected projects will receive up to $ 250,000 in funding, earn a spot in Sèmè City’s first incubator, Incub’IMA, and gain access to a wide range of experts and resources.
The following are the eligibility criteria for the challenge;
- Given that they will be responsible for many activities of civilian life, such as signing a contract, applicants must be at least 18 years old on the day they apply.
- Challenge Fund 2 is open to both national and international candidates.
- However, the goal of the Challenge Fund is to develop and improve a thriving and wealth-creating tourism industry in Benin.
- Therefore, if the project is selected, the project-bearing legal entity will have to be registered in Benin and will have to create jobs in Benin
Projects must use one of the following key topics:
- Creating content
- Promoting the destination
- Using technology
- Managing resources
- Enhancing heritage
How to Apply
To apply for the Challenge,
- Applicants should visit the website and apply
- An application Helpdesk offering workshops and mentoring sessions will be conducted by experts from various backgrounds to help you throughout the application process.
Deadline: Application closes Friday, September 27, 2019 at 11:59 PM Cotonou time (GMT +1).