The University of Queensland in Australia is inviting applications for the Experimental multiphase flow inside a HydroFloat device – International PhD scholarship in 2019.
The HydroFloat is a hindered-settling, fluidized bed flotation device designed to improve the recovery of coarse and poorly-liberated particles. Therefore, based on its proven performance in bulk commodities, the HydroFloat has the potential to change the energy and water efficiency of processing increasingly complex metalliferous ores.
However, to live up to this potential, the design, operation, and scale-up of the HydroFloat must be optimized for the demanding application of metalliferous mineral processing. The aim of this project will be to explore the behavior of the three-phase material inside a HydroFloat device in response to a range of design modifications and operating conditions.
Worth of Award
- The International PhD scholarship is a Living stipend scholarship, Tuition Scholarship
- It has a value of $27,596 per annum tax-free (2019 rate), indexed annually.
To be eligible,
- You must meet the entry requirements for a higher degree by research.
- Applicants must be Domestic students or International students
- Study area: Engineering and Computing
Applicants must have;
- Proven experimental skills, including practical laboratory or industrial experience;
- Proven analytical skills, including familiarity with a programming language such as Matlab or python;
- Excellent mathematical and statistical skills; and
- Lastly, Excellent written and oral communication skills.
How to Apply
To apply for admission and scholarship;
- Follow the link on the website and fill the application form.
- If this scholarship has rules, download and read them before applying.
- There is no separate application for scholarship because you will be given the opportunity to request scholarship consideration on the application for admission.
Deadline: Application closes September 22, 2019.
Click here for more details and to apply