Bosch powered by Founders Factory Africa invites applications to showcase the best African mobility start-ups culminating in a Demo Day in 2019
A demo day is a day bringing together the Top 10 Smart Mobility start-ups from across Africa to pitch to Bosch and Founders Factory Africa for a chance to win a cash prize up to $30,000 and potentially partner with Bosch, as well as be in the running to Founders Factory Africa’s Accelerator Program. Attending the Demo Day will also be investors, partners, and other tech ecosystem players in South Africa.
Founders Factory Africa (FFA) has partnered with Netcare to run an acceleration and incubation program for healthcare startups. Both firms will provide funding and support to more than 35 healthcare startups across Africa.
This is an exciting opportunity to showcase your start-up solution to Bosch, one of the world’s largest suppliers of Smart Mobility solutions with strong presence and distribution across Africa and to explore areas of collaboration across Africa and globally.
Worth of Award
- Three start-up finalists of the Demo Day, picked by Bosch and Founders Factory Africa on the day, will stand a chance of winning up to $30,000 as well as being the first in line for collaboration with Bosch.
- In addition, you may be selected to be in the running to enter Founders Factory Africa’s bespoke Accelerator: a tailored six-month engagement with access to over 40 tech and business experts and designers, as well as Founders Factory Africa’s corporate investors to scale your start-up.
- The top 10 start-ups will be invited to come to Johannesburg, South Africa, in the first week of November 2019. All expenses will be covered.
They are looking for early- to growth-stage ventures that fit the following criteria and sit within the Smart Mobility themes we’ve identified or other themes.
- Clearly identified market or customer pain point and value proposition
- Revenue generating an advantage
- Strong technology and business co-founders
- Innovative solution with a validated minimum viable product (MVP)
- Clear potential for growth and increasing unit economics
- Strategic alignment with Bosch’s focus on Smart Mobility Solutions
- Passenger cabin safety
- Public transport route automation
- Connectivity / IoT Solutions
- Urbanisation (connectivity, infrastructure)
- Clean energy and electric vehicles
- Data (could overlap with insurance)
How to Apply
Fill in a simple form about your start-up and upload your pitch deck. Finalists will be contacted for interviews.
Deadline: The deadline for applications is September 6, 2019, at 11:59 pm