Union Bank Nigeria invites applications for The Innovation Challenge (TIC) which began in 2017 is an initiative of aimed at impacting Nigeria by unearthing and supporting innovative and viable solutions addressing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The 2019 edTech Challenge is the third in the series of The Innovation Challenge (TIC), and aims to Discover, Showcase and Support innovative, cutting edge, technologies with the potential to transform Nigeria’s Education system.
Judges shall choose the winning entries, and prizes shall be awarded in accordance with the Official Rules of the 2019 edTech Challenge.
Worth of Award
- Access to Acceleration program: The Top 10 entries will be admitted into an acceleration program where they will get access to Coach-Mentors, Capacity Building, and a Community of Education stakeholders and strategic partnerships.
- Access to Union Bank’s network of education customers and opportunities to provide global visibility for scale.
- Funding support towards scaling up a solution: The top 3 entries will receive a sum of N5m (1st – N2.5m; 2nd – N1.5m and 3rd – N1m)
- Venture support to the winners which includes; supporting each solution to scale which will include linking and identifying relevant stakeholder to buy into a solution and providing specialized support based on the specific needs and advisory regarding the deployment and management of funding received.
The Challenge is open to anyone with great *prototypes of innovative, cutting edge technologies that demonstrate a strong potential to transform the education system in Nigeria including but not limited to students, teachers, developers, designers, fintechs, tech companies etc.
*Prototypes are not ideas but minimum viable products (MVPs) that have been developed to a stage and need support to scale further.
The Challenge is not open to:
- Employees of any company within the Union Bank group or employees of other financial institutions (commercial banks, microfinance banks, insurance companies, brokerages, investment companies).
- Anyone professionally involved in the development or administration of this Challenge.
- Any employee whose employer’s guidelines or regulations do not allow entry in the Challenge.
- Union Bank employees may however participate in workshops and may be called upon to serve as judges.
How to Apply
Application for this opportunity is online through their websites
Deadline: Applications close on Friday, August 23, 2019.