The Aalto University is inviting applications for the MSc thesis in Over-the-air Radio Link Performance Testing and Modeling for High-Mobility Vehicles in 2020.
The School of Electrical Engineering is one of the six schools of Aalto University. Their portfolio covers fields from natural sciences to engineering and information sciences. In parallel with basic research, they develop ideas and technologies further into innovations and services. They are experts in systems science.
This Master’s thesis work tackles the above-described problem by
- Being able to use over-the-air link connectivity testbed emulating forthcoming 5G radios
- Performing field tests of the link connectivity under operating conditions of real public transportation, and finally
- Analyzing impacts of operating environments on the link connectivity.
Worth of Award
- The Master’s thesis position will be filled for six months.
- The salary is approximately 2280 €/month and the contract includes occupational health benefits, holiday bonus, and Finland has a comprehensive social security system.
- Preferable starting time is the autumn of 2019.
The University is looking for a student with;
- Basic knowledge of microwave engineering, including radio transceivers, wave propagation, and antennas
- Experience of radiofrequency instrumentation and measurements, e.g., antennas and field tests
Advantageous is if you have
- Physical layer 5G radio communications, especially millimeter-wave and multiple-input multiple-output radios
- Experience of using and programming universal software-defined-radio peripherals
- Lastly, Basic knowledge of signal processing and experience of exercising them through computer programs, e.g., MATLAB or Labview
How to Apply
Please include the following documents in English:
- Course transcripts of master’s studies
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Application letter (required for those who study outside Aalto, optional for those who study in Aalto)
- References (optional)
- Please submit your application through our recruiting system by using the “Apply now!” link in the website.
Deadline: Application closes December 31, 2019.