Standard Bank in Africa is inviting applications for the Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Undergraduate Scholarship for the 2020/2021 academic session.
The Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarship marks the culmination of over thirty years of direction, vision, and action attributed to Derek Cooper, a true African business leader and former Chairman of the Standard Bank Group. “Africa is their home, and they are focused on driving her growth.” With a heritage of over 155 years, they are a leading integrated financial services group on the African continent with an on-the-ground presence in 20 countries in sub-Saharan Africa, where they also trade as Stanbic Bank.
It is becoming clearer that Africa has a critical role to play in shaping the 21st Century. The continent is increasingly interacting with the rest of the world on its own terms. Through this commitment, Standard Bank aims to champion those African leaders who will actively build a future for Africa, led by Africans.
Worth of Award
The stay and studies of the candidates will be fully-funded and backed by Standard Bank as part of their commitment to enable and empower them to become effective leaders in Africa.
To apply for this bursary
- You must be a well- rounded, undergraduate student with strong academic results
- You must be entering your second or third year of study in commerce, science, engineering, mathematics, and technology.
- The scholarship fund is designed to promote academic excellence (in various disciplines within commerce, science, engineering, and technology) and to target a range of recipients.
How to Apply
You can apply using one of the following options:
- Mail: Write a letter containing your name, surname and a valid postal address and postal code to Standard Bank Bursary Programme, Studietrust, Private Bag X16, Braamfontein 2017
- Email: Send an email explicitly requesting a Standard Bank bursary application form, and containing your name, surname and a valid postal address and postal code to [email protected]
- SMS: Sms the word STANDARD, your name, surname, postal address and postal code to 31022.
- Website application: Fill in an online application form on: www.studietrust.co.za
Deadline: Application closes September 30, 2019.