The Climate Tracker is inviting applications for the UN Climate Action Summit for young journalists in New York 2019.
Climate Tracker will select eight young journalists to attend and cover the Global Climate Strike, the UN Youth Climate Summit, the UN Climate Action Summit and other events taking place September 19 to 26 in New York. As of today, the plans presented by countries are not enough to keep global warming within the Paris Agreement’s 1.5C degree limit.
Just a couple days before this, young leaders from all over will gather at the first-ever Youth Climate Summit to showcase climate solutions and engage with decision-makers on the defining issue of our time. That is why they are asking you to publish a story about young people who are making climate action a reality.
Worth of Award
The following are the benefits of the Climate Action Summit;
- The successful fellow has a chance to win a fully-funded trip.
- The eight fellows will also receive training on climate and journalism organized by Climate Tracker and the Stanley Foundation,
- Participate in group interviews with high-level officials/experts, and network with amazing people from all over the world!
- All expenses (such as accommodations in close proximity to the UN headquarters and round-trip, economy-class airfare) will be organized and covered for the eight fellows as part of the fellowship.
- The Fellowships are available to young people aged from 18 – 32, from anywhere around the world!
- They are looking for young journalists from around the world who want to make a big impact in their countries by publishing about a youth movement or young leader pushing for climate action in their country.
How to Apply
To apply for the UN Climate Action Summit;
- You have to write and publish about a youth movement or young leader pushing for climate action in your country.
- You could decide to profile one individual person that has inspired you or your country or write about a local, national, or international movement that is pushing for change.
- Your article should be at least 500 words.
- They prefer it when writers have interviewed at least two people for their article
- It is always best to include a picture that is original and related to the topic.
- Visit the website and register.
Deadline: Application closes on August 10, 2019.