The Department of Computer Science at Aalto University is inviting applications for the Doctoral Positions in Computing Education Research in Finland 2019.
The Learning+Technology research group at Aalto University’s Department of Computer Science is looking to hire up to two new members who will contribute to the group’s research on computing education as they work towards their doctoral degrees. At the Learning+Technology research group (LeTech), their two main interests are; Computing education research, with a particular emphasis on programming education and, the construction and evaluation of interactive tools for blended and online learning.
The University has a history of developing interactive software tools for learning since the early 1990s; this includes tools for program visualization, algorithm visualization, automatic assessment, and gamified learning. They do not only build novel tools but have extensive experience in applying the tools in large-scale programming courses and empirically evaluating the tools to explore their impact on students’ learning outcomes, conceptions, processes, and motivation.
Worth of Award
These are salaried positions with a fixed term of four years, starting as soon as possible in 2019.
To be considered eligible, applicants for Doctoral Positions in Computing Education Research must have;
- An interest in computing education,
- A desire to learn about learning,
- A research-oriented mindset,
- A Masters-level degree in an applicable discipline, such as Computer Science, Information Networks, Cognitive Science, Psychology, or Education.
How to Apply
To apply for the Doctoral Positions in Computing Education Research,
- Please send them a free-form application detailing your background and your motivation for computing education research.
- Include a CV and a record of your earlier university-level studies.
- In your application, please indicate which of the above research topics most interest you and why. (You can pick multiple topics.)
- You may also bring up other topics of interest within computing education research, if applicable.
- Send your application via email to both: Professor Lauri Malmi, [email protected] and Senior University Lecturer Juha Sorva, [email protected]
Deadline: Applications for Doctoral Positions in Computing Education Research are accepted until the positions are filled.