The University of Sydney in Australia is inviting applications for its Postgraduate Research Tuition Fee Scholarship in Radio Transients in 2019.
This scholarship supports an international PhD student in the School of Physics to conduct research on radio transients with the Australian SKA Pathfinder. It also provides financial assistance to a PhD student undertaking research on radio transients with the Australian SKA Pathfinder (ASKAP).
The University of Sydney has been challenging traditions for more than 160 years and
they make lives better by producing leaders of society and equipping their people with leadership qualities so they can serve its communities at every level. Since its inception, they have believed in education for all and leadership that improves lives in all of the communities that we serve.
Worth of Award
This scholarship provides;
- Academic tuition fees for three years.
- Academic course fees are provided for a successful international applicant, for twelve research periods, subject to satisfactory academic performance.
To be considered eligible, you must;
- Be an international student, ie, not an Australian citizen, permanent resident or New Zealand, citizen
- Have an unconditional offer to study a full-time PhD in the School of Physics
- Also, hold an honors degree in physics or astronomy
- Finally, hold a primary stipend scholarship for living expenses.
How to Apply
You will need to provide supporting documentation that demonstrates:
- Academic merit,
- Curriculum vitae,
- Area of study and/or research proposal,
- Evidence that you hold a primary scholarship that includes a stipend for living expenses.
- Lastly, the Application for the Postgraduate Research Tuition Fee Scholarship is online.
Deadline: Application closes August 20, 2019, at 11.59pm (AEST)