Agricultural Transformation Initiative(ATI) in the USA is inviting applications for the ATI Fellowship and Scholarship Fund for Malawians in 2021.
The Fellowship and Scholarship Fund (FSF) is funded by the Agricultural Transformation Initiative (ATI). However, The ATI FSF aims to strengthen the capacity of researchers and professionals in Malawi in high-priority areas that will help the country transform its agricultural sector by reducing dependence on tobacco exports. The ATI FSF is offered to Malawian citizens and residents to pursue master’s or postdoctoral study and/or research in the areas of agriculture, business, data science, ecology/environment, economics or engineering.
The mission of the Foundation’s Agricultural Transformation Initiative (ATI) is to prepare smallholder tobacco farmers for an era of significantly reduced demand for tobacco, focusing first on populations with the greatest need. The ATI will use this opportunity to facilitate the establishment of more secure income strategies for farmers and will seek to partner with a diverse set of stakeholders to ensure the success and sustainability of our strategy.
Worth of Award
The Fellowship covers the following;
- Full tuition
- Living allowance for housing/transportation/food
- Visa sponsorship
- Roundtrip airfare between Malawi and university in the United States or South Africa
- Health Insurance
- If needed, the cost of qualifying exams (TOFEL/GRE/GMAT)
- A terminal degree (for example a PhD or Ed.D.) in a field of study relevant to the goals of the ATI
- Strong interest in pursuing postdoctoral study/research in the disciplines and sub-fields of agriculture, business, data science, ecology/environment, economics or engineering
- Citizenship or residency in Malawi
- Recent university graduates, early career professionals in the private or public sector, early-career faculty and staff in Malawian universities
- No age limit applies
How to Apply
All applicants must complete the online application form which includes:
- Biographical information
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- GRE/TOFEL/GMAT scores, if available (not required at time of application)
- Two 1-2 page essays. Visit Essay Questions for more details.
- Three reference letters. However, The letters can come from individuals who know you well like a teacher, instructor, professor, mentor or employer/supervisor.
Deadline: The ATI FSF is not accepting applications for Masters-level study. We are currently accepting applications for postdoctoral research only. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.