The World Innovative Summit for Education (WISE) is inviting applications for the WISE Learners Voice Programme for Creative Thinking in Doha 2019.
WISE is an international, multi-sectoral platform for creative thinking, debate and purposeful action. WISE has established itself as a global reference in new approaches to education. Through both, the biennial Summit and a range of ongoing programs WISE are promoting innovation and building the future of education through collaboration.
The thrust for constant innovation has long prevailed in sectors such as technology and healthcare, but education has generally lacked this approach in both policymaking and in the classroom. Moreover, education is key to addressing the toughest challenges facing communities around the world today – poverty, conflict, inequality, unemployment, environmental sustainability, and future challenges.
Worth of Award
The WISE Learners Voice Programme will cover;
- All residential session and Summit related costs such as return flights, accommodation, and meals for all selected participants.
- Pre-Summit Residential Session: Learners will participate in a 3-day interactive residential session in Doha to gain develop communication and problem-solving skills while gaining exposure to the field of education.
- WISE Summit: Learners will actively participate in the 2019 WISE Summit to share their views and opinions on the shaping the future of education to education stakeholders such as educators, policymakers, school leaders, parents among others.
- Creative Submission: Learners will also develop a creative piece on education, which will be shared with the WISE community during the program to amplify their voices.
To be considered eligible, applicants must;
- Be aged 16-21 who are interested in engaging in the field of education.
- Have a valid travel document.
- Must be willing and available to travel to Doha from 16-22 November 2019.
- Should be proficient in spoken and written English and should be comfortable presenting and speaking in public.
- Be curious-minded, flexible and comfortable in multicultural environments.
How to Apply
The Learners’ Voice recruitment process includes three steps:
- Application Form: Candidates must complete the online application form with accurate information through the portal.
- Creative Submission: Candidates must also submit a short creative piece in the form of an essay, story, poem, film or any other creative medium.
- Interview: Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview between June and September and the cohort will be announced in November.
- Completed forms in English should be submitted through the online portal by the deadline.
Deadline: Application closes September 7, 1300, GMT.