Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) invites applications from exceptional West Africans for 2021/22 Masters Scholarships in the UK.
AIG Scholars spend the year at one of the world’s top universities, gaining knowledge and skills from the outstanding academic faculty and expert practitioners and interacting with other future public sector leaders from around the world. After completing their degrees, scholars return to their countries and use their learnings to bolster policymaking, support reforms, and contribute to their nation’s development.
Worth of Award
The AIG Scholarships are fully funded covering fees, accommodation, and living expenses, do not cover travel or visa expenses, however.
To be eligible for consideration for the award of 2022-23 AIG scholarships, you must:
- Be a Nigerian currently working in the civil service.
- Aged between 25 and 50 years.
- Have a minimum of seven (7) years of work experience.
- Have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second-class upper qualification.
- Gain admission into the Blavatnik School of Government following success in the AIG shortlisting process.
Please note that:
- Academic distinction and leadership potential are key priorities for selection.
- In the case of candidates with second-class upper qualifications, a Master’s, second degree, or relevant professional qualification will be an advantage.
- Only applicants shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process will be contacted and any inquiries regarding individual application status are strictly prohibited.
- Applications sent via post or in person are NOT acceptable.
- Candidates who emerge as finalists in the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) selection process will be expected to apply directly to the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford, for admissions. Finalists who are offered admission to the Master of Public Policy will be considered by the School in the final selection of AIG Scholars.
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: The application window closes on Sunday, October 10, 2021.