Monash Residential Services (MRS) at Monash University in Australia is inviting applications for the MRS Queer Leadership Scholarship in 2019.
Monash Residential Services (MRS) on-campus accommodation represents a diverse community (60+ nationalities) and residents represent cultures, religion, race and beliefs from all over the world, MRS is committed to maintaining LGBTIQ inclusivity within these diverse communities that house over 3000 residents.
This scholarship will serve as a pathway to provide students of diverse genders and sexualities the capability to afford accommodation on campus at MRS, in a community that is accepting and respectful of their diversity.
Worth of Award
- Full scholarship: $350 paid monthly by MRS as rental rebates over 10 months (February to November).
- Half scholarship: $175 paid monthly by MRS as rental rebates over 10 months (February to November).
- Two scholarships are available per year.
You must be one of the following and meet the criteria:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
- An International student
- Enrolled or intending to enroll full-time in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Be intending to reside at MRS or a current resident with MRS.
- Have applied for MRS accommodation in the previous year by 30 October.
- Identifies as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer* (LGBTIQ).
- Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
How to Apply
- Commencing and current Monash students should apply directly to Monash.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- Cannot be held with any other Monash Accommodation Scholarship.
- Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all.
- Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline.
Deadline: Application closes November 6, 2019.