The Chilean Agency for International Development Cooperation (AGCID) is inviting applications for the Nelson Mandela Master Scholarship for Africans in 2020.
The Chilean Agency for International Development Cooperation (AGCID) offers, for the academic year 2020, scholarships to carry out Master’s studies in Universities or other Chilean institutions of higher education. These scholarships are offered to professionals who are nationals of South Africa, Mozambique, and Angola.
The Chilean Government Scholarship Programme offers scholarships for master studies in accredited university programs and also has a program of international diplomas and courses.
Worth of Award
The scholarships cover;
- Maintenance allowance,
- Book and thesis support,
- Health insurance and fees charged by the university.
- However, it is important to refer to the call each year.
The following are the criteria for the Nelson Mandela Master Scholarship;
- Have a professional degree, currently working, have the unconditional acceptance of a Chilean university, meet the profile specified in the call.
- In the case of postgraduate scholarships, only those study programs expressly indicated in Annex Nº 1 of the call can be applied, which is published annually on the AGCID website www.agcid.cl and sent to the Points Focal of the invited countries.
- In the case of graduates, only those who are part of the annual offer that the Government of Chile makes in matters of Human Resources Training for foreigners can be applied.
- Eligible country: South Africa, Mozambique, and Angola.
How to Apply
To apply for this scholarship;
- The original application background must be presented at the Focal Point of the country of origin of each applicant.
- You must submit the application form of the Government of Chile duly completed,
- Photocopy of the professional title,
- Sponsorship letter from the institution where you work,
- A medical certificate, description of the reasons that motivate you to study in Chile,
- A letter of academic reference letter Final acceptance of the university is requested only for postgraduate scholarships, among others to be confirmed with each call.
Deadline: Application closes on October 31, 2019.