Afric’up invites applications for the Pitch Challenge for early-stage startups in their 2019 Startup Africa Summit in Tunisia.
Afric’Up Pitch goal is to liberate the African entrepreneurial potential while highlighting the best and most innovative entrepreneurs and startups in Africa but also creating markets for those in seed phases.
This year, Afric’Up Pitch will reward the best African startup while giving great importance and visibility to female startups.
Worth of Award
- They offer you experience for training and preparing you to pitch before a jury in their event. The jury will be composed of one or more investment funds that are engaged in African entrepreneurial dynamics.
- he selected startups will also have the opportunity to meet investors, multinational executives, financial institutions, experts, incubators, government officials, policymakers from the African continent and internationally.
- Meet people from a wide range of sectors and connect with other talented startups from Africa and other continents. In particular, several European startups from the African diaspora.
- 50 African startups will be supported by the organizer in: flights, accommodation, catering, event passes
Participation in the Competition is open and free to all startups of African and Tunisian nationalities.
- Open to all startups with African nationalities: Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Libya, Egypt, Senegal, Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, Mali, Guinea, Nigeria, Mauritania, Benin, Congo, Togo, Rwanda, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Uganda, South Africa, Nigeria, Djibouti, Ethiopia…
- The legal existence must be proven with the supporting documents: trade register and tax registration number.
- Acceptance will be by filling out the online form and the information video about your project (Pitch deck)
- The main sectors of focus: E-health, M-payment, Agritech, Ed-Tech, IA, Fintech, smart cities, Creative industry, Renewable energy, Tech-textile, E-commerce e-platform, Travel and tourism…
- Mandatory signature and agreement of the authorization to use the personal data for any purpose related to the event, the document to be signed will be provided by the organizer of the competition
- Mandatory reading and accepting the online rules of the competition
How to Apply
Apply for this opportunity by filling up the form on their website
Deadline: Last deadline for registration is August 25, 2019.