The University of Western Australia is inviting applications for the UWA International Postgraduate Research Scholarships in 2020.
The purpose of the UWA International Postgraduate Research Scholarships is to attract top quality international postgraduate students to the University and to support Australia’s research effort. Successful applicants can expect to become members of a research team working under the direction of senior researchers and in an area which has attracted resources.
Worth of Award
The scholarship covers the following;
- International Tuition Fees; A UIFS makes a contribution to the cost of international tuition fees for the research component of the HDR. No payment is made directly to students.
- Students enrolled in combined postgraduate courses that include masters by coursework will be required to pay postgraduate tuition fees for the masters by coursework component of the course.
- Overseas Student Health Cover; International students who meet the international Student Visa requirements as specified by the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) are required to join the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) scheme.
- International HDR students who meet International Student Visa requirements and who are awarded a UIFS will be provided with a standard OSHC policy which covers the student, their spouse, and dependants (if any).
Applications for UWA International Postgraduate Research Scholarships are rated according to the following;
- Academic achievement;
- English language achievement; and
- Research experience.
- The UWA International Postgraduate Research Scholarships is to undertake the degree of Master by Research or Doctorate by Research.
- An application for a scholarship is also an application for admission to the University.
How to Apply
Applicants must complete and submit the online application for the UWA International Fee Scholarships as advertised on the Scholarships website
Deadline: Application closes on August 30, 2019.