The University of Adelaide in Australia is inviting applications for the Adelaide Graduate Research Scholarships for the 2020/2021 academic session.
This cohort of scholarships was created specifically for outstanding recent international graduates whose recent graduate status means they are not competitive for scholarships in the general international higher degree by research scholarship rounds (RTP, ASI). In such scholarship rounds, they would compete against the best scholarship applicants worldwide who have generally had many more years to gain valuable research experience and demonstrate academic excellence.
For this reason, recent eligible University of Adelaide graduates is only ranked in this (AGRS) scholarship cohort where they have a significantly higher chance of winning a scholarship to further their studies.
Worth of Award
The following are the benefits of the scholarship;
- For the duration of the scholarship, the recipient will receive a 100% Tuition Fee Waiver and a stipend of AUD$27,596 (2019 rate, indexed annually) per annum.
- It is likely to be tax-exempt, subject to Taxation Office approval.
- The scholarship duration will be for up to two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree.
- An extension is possible for doctoral programs only.
In order to be eligible for consideration an applicant must:
- Be completing/have completed their qualifying program of study (see below) at The University of Adelaide within the previous 4 semesters prior to the intake applied for (to ensure uninterrupted study applicants are encouraged to apply whilst completing the final semester of their current studies);
- Be an international student at the time of application and enrolment;
- Enrol as a commencing student in a full-time postgraduate research program at the University of Adelaide in the approved semester; and
- Not be currently enrolled in the Higher Degree by Research program at the University of Adelaide for which the student is applying for the scholarship.
How to Apply
Application for ‘Admission and a Scholarship’ must be submitted using the Online Application Form. Visit the website and apply
Major AGRS Round (semester 1 intake): October 31 of the year prior.
Mid-Year AGRS Round (semester 2 intake): May 15 of that year.