The University of Adelaide in Australia is inviting applications for the Full Fee Scholarships for International Students in 2020.
The Scholarships Team at the Adelaide Graduate Centre (AGC) manage all Postgraduate Research Scholarship matters at The University of Adelaide. A long list of opportunities for both domestic and international applications, as well as travel funding for current students, is published on this site, however not all opportunities listed are administered by the University.
Worth of Award
The following are the benefits of the scholarship;
- Payment of full tuition fees for two years for a Masters degree by Research
- Three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only). No other allowances are provided.
- Under normal circumstances, Full fee scholarships will not be provided for students who seek a second (or subsequent) degree which is at the same level, or at a lower level, than the highest one they already hold.
- However, under exceptional circumstances, a scholarship may be considered if at least five years have elapsed since the first comparable award was attained and the student can identify a major change in discipline.
To be considered eligible;
- Full fee scholarships will ONLY be allocated to international students who have been previously awarded a stipend by the host School, Faculty, or Research Institute.
- Full fee scholarships will not be awarded to individual “privately sponsored students” nor will they be granted to students supported by stipends provided to a sole individual without a formal agreement between the University and the Sponsor.
- This requirement shall not apply to students nominated in grant applications made to recognized funding bodies where a formal application is subject to peer review.
- Students in receipt of overseas government funding will be deemed ineligible for a fee waiver unless a Memorandum of Understanding exists between the University and the Sponsor to cover such awards.
- Applicants must be nominated by their Principal Supervisor and Executive Dean.
How to Apply
- Applications will be considered at any time.
- Applicants must also meet the minimum English Language Proficiency requirements for direct entry to their academic program,
- Hold at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree, and rank competitively against successful applicants in the current International Scholarship Order of Merit list.
Deadline: Applications for Full Fee Scholarships is ongoing.