The Heidelberg Institute of Public Health in Germany is inviting applications for the DAAD Master of Science in International Health Scholarship in 2023.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) provides a number of scholarships to international students pursuing higher education in Germany. A limited number of scholarships are available for students pursuing development-related postgraduate courses such as the MScIH programme at Heidelberg University.
Internationally renowned and consistently ranked among Europe’s top universities Heidelberg is one of the most prestigious universities in the world, a German Excellence University, part of them, as well as a founding member of the League of European Research Universities and the Coimbra Group. The university’s noted alumni include eleven domestic and foreign Heads of State or Heads of Government.
Worth of Award
The scholarship covers;
- Full-Time: EUR 7,050 (per semester), EUR 14,100 (1 year)
- Part-Time: EUR 7,863 (Core Course + Thesis/Oral Exam) + approx. EUR 1,000* for a two-week advanced module at Heidelberg University (average total cost for advanced modules approx. EUR 6,000)
- Different fees apply within the tropEd network.
- Heidelberg University additionally charges an administration fee and a student services contribution for each semester.
- Tuition fees do not include accommodation and other personal living expenses.
The following are eligible for the scholarship;
- The course is open to medical doctors and other professionals in health and social science, holding a higher academic degree (usually equivalent to a bachelor degree after at least 4 years of academic full-time training).
- Furthermore, candidates are expected to have at least two years of working experience in low and middle-income countries in a relevant field.
- As the course is entirely taught in English, it is mandatory that students whose first language is not English can prove adequate command of the English language.
How to Apply
- Click on the “Register” button.
- Please choose the study programme you would like to follow.
- Fill in the Registration Form with your personal details including a VALID email and select your username and password.
- You will receive an email stating your username and password along with activation link (if not, please check your spam folder).
- Click on activation link to make sure your registration is complete, or else you will not be able to log in and start with your application procedure.
- Log in and start filling in the application form.
Deadline: Application closes on October 15, 2022.