Rhodes University in South Africa is inviting high achieving Students to apply for the Postgraduate Scholarships for the 2021/2022 academic session.
With just over 8200 students, Rhodes is a small University, which enjoys the distinction of having among the best undergraduate pass and graduation rates in South Africa, outstanding postgraduate success rates, and the best research output per academic staff member. However, this is a testimony to the quality of students that Rhodes attracts and of academic provision, and to the commitment of Rhodes staff to student development and success.
Worth of Award
- Honours: R90 000
- MASTERS: R100 000
- DOCTORAL: R110 000
- The overriding criterion for the award of the Scholarship is academic merit (65%), although other factors such as service to the community, intra- or extra-murally, could be taken into account.
- Applicants may pursue postgraduate studies in any one of the following six faculties: Commerce, Education, Humanities, Law, Pharmacy, and Science.
- Since these are Scholarships, financial need is not a criterion for these awards.
- Applicants must be younger than 36 years of age at the time of applying.
- Open to all citizens.
How to Apply
FIRST TIME APPLICANTS
You may apply if you are already currently registered for your Master’s or Doctoral degree except if you are in your second year of your Master’s or third year of your PhD where applicable.
Please submit the following documents
- Complete an application form (make sure you attach all the relevant documentation as per Section D)
- A covering letter indicating intended degree and subject
- Detailed ACADEMIC Curriculum Vitae
- Contact details of three academic referees (including email addresses)
- Certified full academic transcript
- Certified copy of your ID.
- Some evidence that you have communicated with a prospective supervisor and your field of research can be supervised at Rhodes University.
Please submit the following documents:
- Renewal request
- Progress report from applicant
- Progress report from supervisor.
Deadline: Application closes September 14, 2020.